Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
Chia puddings are naturally gluten-free and can be made using any dairy-free or plant-based milk of your choice. This recipe for my 5 Minute Creamy Chia Pudding requires only 5 simple ingredients and this recipe can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator overnight which is perfect to grab and go if you have a busy lifestyle.
Topped with fresh passionfruit pulp, a handful of frozen berries and some fresh mint, this recipe is fresh and packed with nutrients to keep you in good health. This recipe can also be made refined sugar free by adding some Natural Sweetener.
Chia puddings don’t just have to be eaten for dessert. They also can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast or snack idea. They’re packed full of plant-based protein which will help you feel fuller for longer.
5 MINUTE CHIA PUDDING
These are the perfect breakfast on the go as they can be prepared ahead of time. This means that if you are running late for an appointment you can just grab your breakfast from the fridge. If you make the chia pudding in a glass jar, simply place the lid on it and take it to work with you so it doesn’t go everywhere.
It takes 5 minutes to make and a few hours to thicken and for the chia seeds to absorb the milk. The longer you leave your chia pudding in the fridge, the more it will thicken so its always best to add a little more milk before serving and give it one last stir to break up any chia seeds that have clumped together.
Chia seeds are a plant-based superfood! They are high in Omega fatty acids, plant-based protein and dietary fibre.
Deliciously Sugar-free, Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free. This breakfast is high in protein and calcium and will slowly burn energy throughout the morning and is great for them early morning starts.
THIS CHIA PUDDING RECIPE IS
- Can also be made Sugar-free by adding some Natural Sweetener
- Naturally Vegan
- Can be made in under 5 Minutes
- A Simple and Easy Vegan Breakfast Idea
- High in Plant-Based Protein
- one of the best weight loss recipes
- A simple vegan recipe for beginners
- Can be enjoyed as a healthy dessert
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE RECIPES TO MAKE
I go through phases of making different things for breakfast and right now, Chia Puddings are trending in my household for breakfast. This is because I have been really busy lately and needed a breakfast idea that is simple to make and only takes 5 minutes.
But here are some more reasons why I love making them too…
- Chia Puddings are healthy and packed full of protein which will keep you satisfied throughout the day.
- It is quick and easy to make and uses only a few simple ingredients.
- Budget-friendly breakfast idea and cheap in the long run. A big bag of chia seeds may cost you around $10 but you only use a small amount of chia and they expand when you add the milk, so in the long run, it works out to be cheap.
- Chia Puddings can be eaten at any time of the day, usually, I have mine for breakfast but as the name suggests, this also makes a quick and easy tasty dessert.
- You can make endless flavours of Chia Puddings, chocolate chia pudding, mango chia pudding, berry chia pudding.
- Add whatever toppings you want and even fruit, pureed fruit, berries, passionfruit pulp yoghurts and coconut cream
TOPPINGS FOR CHIA PUDDINGS
The toppings you can add to your bowl are endless! Depending on what you like the following toppings go really well when added to Chia Puddings;
- Nuts – almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts
- Seeds – sesame or hemp
- Fresh or Frozen fruit
- Dried fruit
- Cinnamon sugar
- Homemade Granola
- Passionfruit Pulp
You can also add many different healthy powders to your chia pudding like you would do to a smoothie. I sometimes add a teaspoon of raw cocoa powder, cinnamon or matcha powder to mine. The same applies for Dairy-free Milk too. Nowadays plant-based milk is often easy to come by. Swap the dairy for either coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, oat milk or cashew milk or better still, make your own.
This Chia Pudding Recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free and can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert. Chia puddings can be made using any dairy-free or plant-based milk of your choice.
ALSO, TRY THESE VARIATIONS
- Chocolate Chia pudding
- Summer berries chia pudding
- Chai Latte Chia Pudding
GET YOUR FREE EBOOK WHEN YOU SUBSCRIBE
Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If you have tried my recipe then please do me a favour and leave me a comment and rating on my recipe. I would also love to see what you have made, so please don’t forget to #tag me in your posts on Instagram: @Simply_healthy_vegan
This recipe for my 5 Minute Creamy Chia Pudding requires only 5 Simple ingredients and this recipe can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator over night which is perfect to grab and go if you have a busy lifestyle.
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Rolled Oats
3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Milk
1 Tbsp Coconut yoghurt
A handful of mixed berries
1 Tbsp Passion fruit pulp
2 Leaves of fresh mint
1 Tsp Maple Syrup or Natural Sweetener
Toppings: Coconut yoghurt, blueberries, nuts and seeds, smoothie
- Add the Chia Seeds to a cup, jug or mason jar and pour in the dairy free milk and coconut yoghurt. The chia seeds should soak up the Milk and expand and become quite sticky so make sure you keep stirring them. Next add in the rolled oats and sweetener and stir again. this should thicken your chia pudding.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Stir the chia pudding before serving and add some extra milk if the chia pudding is looking too thick.
- Before serving add your passionfruit, berries and fresh mint to the top.
- Try topping your Chia Pudding with The Best Homemade Granola
- If you would like to add an extra serving of this quick and easy breakfast, simply double up on the ingredients which can be easily done in the recipe just click x1, x2, x3 for extra quantities of the ingredients.
Keywords: Raw vegan breakfast ideas, chia pudding, chia seeds, plant-based protein, healthy breakfast ideas, smoothies