Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
You need no excuse to whip up this zesty Easy Orange Drizzle Cake. It’s perfect for every occasion, especially Christmas and the whole family will love it. There will only be crumbs left! It is egg-free and dairy-free and one of my favourite vegan cake recipes so far.
I’ve always enjoyed citrus desserts, I find that the tanginess of lemon matched with the sponge and the drizzle is a delight. Moist, tart yet sweet, this is sure to spike your tastebuds and leave a refreshing taste on your tongue. I usually make a Lemon Drizzle cake as Lemons are easy to come by in our neighbourhood (I refuse to pay for them!) But I had an abundance of oranges this week I needed to use, so what better way to use them than to make an Orange Drizzle Cake!
WHY I LOVE MAKING EASY ORANGE DRIZZLE CAKE
- This recipe is super easy to make with only 7 basic Ingredients.
- It’s tangy and zesty
- Super moist
- full of flavour
- One of my favourite vegan cake recipes
- Ideal for a Christmas cake
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY ORANGE DRIZZLE CAKE
- It is important to pour the drizzle icing on top of the warm cake so the juices run into the sponge, keeping it moist.
- Sprinkle the zest over the top of the cake after drizzling
- Do not over-mix your cake as it will be heavy and won’t rise as well.
HOW I MADE THIS EASY ORANGE DRIZZLE CAKE
- First, I set out all my ingredients, ready to measure and preheated my oven.
- Then I made up my Vegan egg mixture (in replacement of 2 normal eggs) and added it to my bowl along with the butter and sugar. using a hand whisk, I blended the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- I folded in my sifted flour and then once it was combined, I stirred in my Soy milk. You can use any dairy-free alternative.
- The Cake is ready for the preheated oven. I used my spatula to add any remaining mixture that was in my bowl into the cake pan.
- While my cake was in the oven, I whipped up my Drizzle mixture.
EASY ORANGE DRIZZLE CAKE RECIPE IS PERFECT FOR
- Birthday parties
- high teas
- morning coffee and cake
- afternoon tea
- bake and sell
- kid-friendly and kid-approved recipe (they love it)
- Delicious indulgent chocolatey dessert or a naughty snack
- Christmas cake
Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If you have tried my recipe then please leave me a comment and rating on my recipe. I would also love to see what you have made, so please don’t forget to #tag me in your posts on @Simply_healthy_vegan
You need no excuse to whip up this zesty Easy Orange Drizzle Cake. It’s perfect for every occasion, and the whole family will love it. There will only be crumbs left!
175g Caster Sugar
150g Vegan Butter
(Plus extra to grease)
2tsp egg replacer mixed with 4 Tbsp Water
Finely Grated rind of 1 Orange
175g Self Raising Flour
125ml Dairy Free Milk
For the Drizzle
145g Icing sugar
1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- Preheat Oven to 180 Degrees C and grease 18cm Cake Tin
- Mix the egg replacer with the water and place in a large mixing bowl and add the sugar and butter and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Grate the rind of the orange into the mixture and stir well then sift and fold the flour evenly until combined.
- Stir in the milk until absorbed by the mixture and pour into the cake tin and place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Meanwhile, make the drizzle mixture by squeezing the juice of 1-2 Oranges to give you 1/2 cup of juice and place in a small saucepan along with the icing sugar and bring to a boil then turn to simmer.
- Prick the cake all over with a skewer and pour the lemon drizzle evenly all over the cake.
- Leave to cool then remove from cake tin and dust with icing sugar.
Keywords: Easy Orange Drizzle Cake, vegan cake recipes, egg-free, dairy-free, orange cake, festive recipes