Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
This Alkalising morning juice Recipe uses Spinach, cucumbers, lemon, ginger, and apple as the main ingredients! It is a low-calorie healthy drink that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. I like to consume this green juice in the morning as it is cleansing and alkalises your body ready for the day ahead. At just 106 calories, it makes a low-calorie breakfast to drink, especially if you are fasting.
My recipe is fresh tasting with a little zing from the lemon and ginger! This drink is refreshing and perfect for the summer. It is Loaded with fresh fruits and veggies and is a healthy Kickstart your morning and will help you kickstart your metabolism into action.
JUICING VS BLENDING
Juicing your fruits and vegetables is an easy way of absorbing all of their minerals and vitamin content into your body fast. Especially if you are time poor and struggle to find the time to reach your five a day in.
While both good for you juicing and blending are both different. Juicing allows your body to absorb the Vitamins and Minerals with very little energy from your digestive system, however, the healthy fibre is mostly lost during juicing. blending fruits and vegetables provides you with more fibre and is a great way to start your day with a morning smoothie.
Juicing your fruit and vegetables is good for weight loss and allows you to pack some extra nutrients into your diet in one big hit, without having to consume loads of food. – Great if you don’t eat enough portions of fruit and veggies in your daily routine.
JUICING AND ZERO WASTE
When you juice your fruit and vegetables you are left with a lot of pulp/ waste. If you are not into composting, a great way of utilising this waste is to turn it into a delicious vegetable stock. Always separate the fruit and vegetable pulp from each other as some citrus fruits can leave your stock with a bitter taste. Go careful with the beetroot too as it will stain everything purple. All you need to add some seasoning and some fresh herbs and you are left with a tasty mineral broth.
Go careful with shop-bought juices as they usually aren’t fresh and are pumped with sugars and preservatives. Notice, for example, apple Juice bought in a store resembles nothing like cold-pressed apple juice made at home, which will leave a frothy creamy appearance on top indicating that the enzymes are still alive.
TRY ADDING SOME Vegan Protein Powder OR Reishi Mushroom Elixir to your juice also
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Fresh fruit and Vegetables:– Super important that you choose fruit and vegetables as fresh as possible to maximise the nutritional benefits you will gain from them.
- A Cold Pressed Juicer:- I own a Froothie Optimim M600 Cold-pressed juicer and couldn’t live without it!! There are many juicers out there but just go careful to make sure that you research them carefully. I would recommend this blender to anyone, as you can make almost anything. Whether you want to increase your raw plant-based foods, make your own sauces, create yummy desserts or even make some fruity cocktails then this machine is for you. Check out my review of the Froothie M600 Here…Froothie Optimum 600M Cold Pressed Juicer
Not all juicers are created evenly. There are Cold Pressed Juicers and Centrifugal Juicers. A cold-pressed juicer is usually more expensive and a lot slower at producing juice as they crush and press the juice. Cold Pressed Juicers usually produce a much higher yield with more nutrients than a Centrifugal juicer as a lot of the nutrients are lost due to the fast-spinning blades and heat which oxidises your juice.
WHEN TO ENJOY FRESH JUICES
Cold Pressed Juice can be made for any time of the day for whenever you need a bit of a boost. 100% Natural ingredients this juice is fresh and tasty and has a bit of a kick to it from the ginger and pepper. You can even sprinkle some into your juices for a variety of different health benefits.
Juicing really good for circulation and blood flow and the perfect supplement to have in the winter to help your body naturally ward off colds and flu.
This Alkalising morning juice is my absolute favourite! I try and include a fresh green juice at least once a day and is a great way to get some extra nutrients into the diet.
WHY COLD PRESSED JUICE IS GOOD FOR YOU
- It’s a good way to get an extra serve of fruit and veggies into your diet
- Sprinkle some Mushroom Powder on top of your juice for extra health benefits
- Green juice is great for glowing skin
- It is super healthy and delicious
- Quick and easy to make
- Aids weight loss
- Low in calories
- Easy for your body to digest
- good for fasting
HEALTHY, IMMUNE BOOSTING DRINKS TO TRY
- The Best Tasting Vegan Protein Powder
- Reishi Mushroom Elixir
- Chaga Mushroom Elixir
- Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate and Coffee Protein Shake
GET YOUR FREE EBOOK WHEN YOU SUBSCRIBE
Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If you have tried my recipe then please do me a favour and leave me a comment and rating on my recipe. I would also love to see what you have made, so please don’t forget to #tag me in your posts on Instagram: @Simply_healthy_vegan
This Alkalising morning juice Recipe is packed with Spinach, cucumbers, lemon, ginger, and apples! Loaded with fruits and veggies, this juice is healthy
1 Cup Spinach
1/2 Freshly squeezed lemon
1 Thumb sized piece of ginger
1 Green apple
- Wash and chop all your ingredients so they are small enough to fit through the chute.
- Place in the juicer and juice.
- Transfer to a glass and drink straight away at room temperature.
- Save any left over pulp (apart from citrus) and boil for vegetable stock or compost it.
- Fresh pressed juice is best for your body and digestive system when drank at room temperature. So don’t be tempted to add ice!!
For an extra boost, you could also try adding some powders into your juice such as
- Vegan Protein Powder
- Reishi Mushroom Elixir
- Chaga Mushroom Elixir
Keywords: Alkalising morning juice, raw vegan recipes, recipes for weight loss, detox, juice cleanse, Fresh pressed juice recipe