Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
This Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe is made using 6 basic ingredients and is smooth, thick and creamy which makes it the perfect recipe for fall. It’s a warm and comforting healthy vegan soup recipe, with a sweet flavour that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
I used to always try and over-complicate soup recipes but there really isn’t anything you could add to this soup to make it taste better than what it already does! This literally is the best homemade pumpkin soup that I have tried! This sweet, nutty pumpkin soup is comfort food at its best!
My healthy pumpkin soup recipe is oil-free, gluten-free and totally vegan! It is made using a locally grown Jap pumpkin (also known as Kent Pumpkin) which I picked myself. Jap Pumpkins are nutty flavoured and also have a sweet taste. Jap pumpkins are one of the bigger varieties of pumpkins and are full of ”pumpkin meat”. Have a sweet flavour and full of taste and are also very rich in orange colour, unlike its Butternut Cousin! However, you could use any of the larger varieties such as Kent Pumpkin or a Queensland Blue.
I just love simple homemade recipes like this easy pumpkin soup recipe, where you can just throw everything together and it all comes together nicely. There’s also nothing nicer than coming home from work to a nice hearty soup on the stove when its cold outside. Also, most soups – like this one are freezer friendly and can be made up in big batches when you have time then freeze for later.
- A healthy vegan soup recipe that’s also Oil-Free
- Smooth and Creamy and a nutty flavoured
- Gluten-free and Dairy-free
- Super Simple recipe made using 6 basic ingredients
- Has a Sweet flavour
- Freezer friendly – Will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months
- Full of health benefits: Packed with vitamins, antioxidants and highly nutritious
- A hearty soup that’s great for Autumn and Winter
- The best homemade soup ever!!
- Great for weight loss at just 196 Calories per serve
- Immune boosting
…So many reasons to love this recipe!
HOW I MADE THIS SIMPLE PUMPKIN SOUP
I am lazy at times when it comes to cooking. (that, or afraid of sharp knives)! So I like to roast the pumpkin whole in the oven until the skin starts to bubble and you can poke a skewer through it. This makes it easy to cut right the way through and the skin peels off and you can scrape the seeds out.
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED
- A Blender or immersion blender
- Roasting tray
- Large saucepan
To make this healthy soup recipe, follow these five simple steps:
- Roast the pumpkin in the oven until it is soft enough to poke a skewer through
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds
- Chop the pumpkin and add it to a large saucepan along with all of the ingredients
- Cook for 25-30 mins
…Note: Do not put hot soup in a blender! – Just in case you didn’t know that already!!
HEALTHY FRESH PRODUCE
I just love this time of the year and focusing on being healthy so I can build my immunity. Now is a great time to get cooking with some of natures finest ingredients and utilising the season has to offer us. Autumn provides us with an abundance of hearty, filling vegetables and fresh and seasonal produce. Which also makes for the best healthy vegan soups, so time to start whipping up some comfort food!
My weekends used to be spent partying, but now I like to take a trip out to small scale local growers to pick up my fresh produce. Just like I did with this Jap Pumpkin I hand-picked from a friend’s rural property. Ideally, one day I would love to grow all my own fruit and vegetables and be as self-sufficient as I can be! (the dream is in the pipeline!).
Did you know that there are lots of different pumpkin varieties you can get in Australia?
I love making my easy pumpkin soup recipe throughout the winter and every scrap of the pumpkin gets used! My Chickens love to eat the jap pumpkin seeds whereas my ducks love the skin of the pumpkin.
Pumpkins can last a very long time once harvested and fresh pumpkins can last for weeks. They can be stored in a dry and cool place, like a pantry. But once cut, it is best to consume within 3 days.
PUMPKIN VARIETIES YOU CAN FIND IN AUSTRALIA
- Jap Pumpkin (also known as Kent Pumpkin) This is what I used for my recipe as they have a very sweet taste and are nutty flavoured.
- Queensland Blue
- Jarrahdale Pumpkin
- Gold Nugget
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Dumpling Pumpkin
Other than Halloween, pumpkins remind me of Autumn as this is when they are Harvested. Pumpkins are often planted in the summer months so that they can be eaten in the winter and Autumn. They are really healthy for you and are packed full of vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients which will help your Immunity during the cooler months.
LATEST HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES
- Immune Boosting Vegetable Soup
- Vegan Pea and Ham Soup
- Creamy Sweet Potato Coconut Soup
- Nutritious Vegetable Soup
Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If you have tried my recipe then please leave me a comment and rating on my recipe. I would also love to see what you have made, so please don’t forget to #tag me in your posts on @Simply_healthy_vegan
This Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe is made using 6 basic ingredients and is smooth, thick and creamy which makes it the perfect recipe for fall. It’s uber warm and comforting and totally satisfying.
1 Large Kent Pumpkin
1 Brown Onion peeld and sliced
4 Cloves Garlic Crushed
1 Can Coconut Cream
2 Peeled Diced Potatoes
1L Vegetable Stock
Kosher Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C
- Line a baking tray and Roast the pumpkin in the oven until it is soft enough to poke a skewer through. This will usually take around 30-40 minutes.
- Peel the skin off of the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Roughly Chop the pumpkin and add it to a large saucepan along with all of the ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat for 25-30 mins until it begins to simmer.
- Blend until the pumpkin is smooth and creamy and is lump-free.
Enjoy as it is or with cream, pepitas or coriander.
- If you don’t have Kent (Jap) Pumpkins available near you, then any sweet-tasting pumpkin of the larger variety will be fine.
- Do not put hot soup in a blender!
Keywords: Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, jap pumpkin, comfort food, best pumpkin soup